You can find current LabPLUS employment opportunities listed on the Careers Centre for Auckland District Health Board website (external link) .
Search using the keyword "labplus" or by job number.
You can find information on Medical Laboratory Science on the New Zealand Institute of Medical Laboratory Science website (external link) .
Career/Education/School Visits to LabPLUS
LabPLUS invites those interested in a career in Medical Laboratory Science to attend one of the open days at the LabPLUS laboratory.
LabPLUS provides a laboratory service to hospital, community laboratories and research units. Our primary role is the analysis of specimens to aid in the diagnosis of clinical disease.
Those with the following attributes would find a career in Medical Laboratory Science very rewarding:
- Have a strong academic background, especially in science
- A desire to work as a health professional to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Have an ability to critically think, be resourceful, communicate and interact as a team member with a diverse range of health professionals
- Possess strong organisational skills and have the ability to pay attention to detail
- Are able to approach new challenges and cope with constant changes in technology and the work environment.
The three open days will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday 30th March 2021
- Tuesday 13th July 2021
- Tuesday 5th October 2021
The tour of the laboratory includes the Departments of Haematology, Microbiology, Specialist and Automated Chemistry, Diagnostic Genetics, Virology, Immunology, Histology and Cytology.
Tours will be approximately 6 hours in duration and you will be advised of your start time.
The tour is limited to 18 people.
To register please complete the registration form [DOCX, 101 KB] and then return it to:
Training and Development Lead
LabPLUS - Administration
PO Box 110031
Auckland City Hospital
Phone: 09 307 4949 extension 22638
Laboratory Career Videos
Video 1 - Student Visit (external link)
Video 2 - Case Study (external link)
Video 3 - Emerging Technologies (external link)