Point of Care Testing
Point of Care Testing (POCT) is defined as ... "Laboratory testing performed outside of clinical laboratories".
Currently LabPLUS (at Auckland City Hospital, Starship Hospital and Greenlane Clinical Centre) maintains, calibrates and controls a number of different pieces of equipment which fall under the POCT umbrella. Extensive training of clinical staff, mastery and auditing processes are also part of POCT.
- Section Leader - Andrew Meisner (note: this link will also Cc an email to the ADHB POCT team)
- Radiometer Blood Gas analysers;
- Accu-Chek Inform II glucose meters;
- DCA Glycated Haemoglobin analysers;
- i-Stat whole blood gas, electrolyte and metabolite analysers;
- Haemoscope Thrombelastograph (TEG);
- ITC Hemochron Signature Elite;
- Hemocue Haemoglobin analyser;
- Medtronic ACT II and ACT Plus analysers;
- CoaguChek XS Pro.